26 January 2014

Too Many, Too Late

I've got the BLUES! 

After I spent the last four years focused with my education on learning about Music Business while my friends were out playing, I then worked on Internet Marketing to further my ability to support my passion online. Now, before the reunion can be created, promoted and participated in - we have lost too many dear artists, and loyal media support that embodies all that my dreams are to preserve. Reverb...

My heart and soul know that along with SRV - Larry Monroe, Will Indian, Sarah Elizabeth Campbell, Steven Fromholz & others in-between, are angels that can now fly beyond this earth as we know it. Chuck - you have a gift for finding them & they - you! Unbelievably, week after week, just too many have left us. It's hard to get your own breath back, and then find another loss of genuinely kind, gifted artists who walked their own paths and entwined into ours, and to feel the sadness for their families/friends, and knowing that while up here in WI - I cannot do more than pray from my winter hideout! Even while I know it is their blessing to get to pass on, it never makes the separation easier, does it?

So, it is now that I pray that I can find a way to create a fabulous weekend of celebration with my friends, and theirs - the many who keep me connected to the spirit and passion that has now transgressed over 30 years of my life. The need to "be home" is a tough test of patience. Who wouldn't want to be in a warmer climate right now? 

Although, the test of tides had us at almost the same temp this weekend - wind chill factor and a little snow. Whatever my limitations are, I am blessed with neighbors who push their snowblowers over my sidewalk/driveway without even a word. I dare to walk outside w/o falling on my tailbone again, but it is still pretty when the sun shines - FROM INSIDE - LOOKING OUT! I say that as I thank my furnace for each time it kicks in, especially when we're supposed to hit another expected (-30) tonight. I am hoping it will still be all right! BRRR… 

I hope I am not going to be too late to help make a difference with all the time I've spent learning how to be my best. Even as the story of legends are becoming well-noted in magazines, the chance to gather in their memory is the goal that remains. I hope to help document the past, present and preserve what we can to share with others for the future. 

So, on that note, I invite you to look forward to what time we have to share the history of Angels n' Outlaws - past, present & future to come! This project is about the history of the "dive bar", "honky tonk - juke joint", "The Austin Outhouse", and how even since it's closing in 1995, how you > the loyal fans, artists & media supporters still look forward to the NEXT reunion! 

Much in the way that others followed Larry's broadcasting & how the Outhouse customers broke me into his "Blues on Monday" show back in the early '80's, I have also been honored to have learned from the best - through the ups/downs - how priceless these gifts of music are, & that bottom line is that it's still ALL ABOUT THE PASSION!

 xo

No comments:

Post a Comment