23 September 2014

Light As A Feather

Many years ago after attending an Oneida PowWow, I called myself "Light As A Feather" - my intention to walk lightly on this earth. It is easy to try to treat others as you would like to be treated. But tonight I watched the 2010 movie - "A Good Day to Die" - history of 1960's about the true native americans & the ongoing challenges of being here on this earth before others chose to push them out - if this land is meant for our children, may we begin to learn how to live together NOW! 

Honoring what we can learn, instead of wiping away the gifts and knowledge of the true history of this America you want to call home. Powerful message of how poorly I was taught the truth, and how important it is to not keep repeating the cycle of violence based on ignorance or fear. 

May you find peace on your journey & love without end - I remain focused on learning more about the land I walk, and bless those who came before me and those who continue to teach us how to really live with purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment